Under general supervision, oversees courier/clerical services within DMC University Laboratories. Trains employees, resolves problems, maintains daily records, coordinates daily route assignments and assists with the department routing software.
1. High school diploma or equivalent in order to organize reports, perform calculations and effectively deal with hospital personnel.
2. Must possess a valid driver's license from the State of Michigan and an approved driving record from Lansing.
3. Must be eligible and remain eligible for coverage as a driver of operating unit vehicles by the operating unit's insurance carrier.
4. Three or more years of related courier/driver experience.
1. Analytical skills to create and modify routing schedules and timelines.
2. Communication and/or interpersonal skills for routine contacts with internal and some external customers/stakeholders to discuss primarily factual information. Courtesy and listening skills are required. The ability to read and comprehend procedures/technical literature, owner's manuals, maps, etc. in specific functional area is necessary.
3. Leadership skills including demonstrated willingness to pursue leadership roles with increasing levels of accountability, comfort with decision-making responsibilities, coaching, teaching and counseling skills, and the ability to inspire and build confidence in others and to forge alliances and garner support.
4. Organizational skills to coordinate daily activities and implement directives.
5. Ability to read, write and speak English and follow verbal and written instructions.
6. Ability to drive a vehicle in heavy traffic, during inclement weather, and/or under emergency situations.
Primary Location: Detroit, Michigan
Facility: DMC University Laboratories, Inc.
Job Type: Full-time
Shift Type: Days
If Other Shift, Specify: occasional weekends
Shift Begin: 10:00 AMShift End: 6:30 PM
Employment practices will not be influenced or affected by an applicantâ��s or employeeâ��s race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, age, disability, genetic information, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, veteran status or any other legally protected status. Tenet will make reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities unless doing so would result in an undue hardship.
Internal Number: 2005035766
About DMC University Laboratories, Inc.
Tenet Healthcare Corporation is a diversified healthcare services company with 115,000 employees united around a common mission: to help people live happier, healthier lives. Through its subsidiaries, partnerships and joint ventures, including United Surgical Partners International, the Company operates general acute care and specialty hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, urgent care centers and other outpatient facilities. Tenet's Conifer Health Solutions subsidiary provides technology-enabled performance improvement and health management solutions to hospitals, health systems, integrated delivery networks, physician groups, self-insured organizations and health plans.